POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some flower reference needed : Re: Some flower reference needed Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some flower reference needed
Date: 14 Mar 2002 13:31:20
Message: <3c90ec78@news.povray.org>
And this is exactly what I meant with my plant toolkit I used to model the
fern.

> I would first make a 4 splines to represent the sides, top, and bottom
curve

Similar to that you somply define an array of points defining your outline.

> I would then make a 3 dimensional mesh using points on the four splines to

Is done automatically

> I would then find the normal of each vertex and translate the vertices
along

Is done automatically, additionally it is smoothed

> scaled down along the edges of the petal and will give the ridges in the
> petals.

Winkles can be added in any frequency and amplitude including normal
interpolation and exaggregation

Additionally:

.) macros to define flexible stems (small ones for leaves, large ones for a
stem)
.) automatic alignment of the leaf-outline-mesh along it's stem
.) automatic transofmrations and flexible parameters with default values
.) saving the mesh in a file
.) adjusting textures ALONG the leaf regardless of its 3D orientations and
windings, ripples.....

and more to come.

regards
SY